About Me

Hi, My name is Kendra and I am just an ordinary young woman whose life has been completly changed by an extraordinary God. I just started this blog to share some of the things God has given me. I will try to update as much as my schedule allows. My prayer is that through this blog you will allow Jesus Christ to inspire you,encourage you and transform your life. Sealed with Love, Kendra

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Have you done an Examination?

Test me, LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind.” Psalms 26:2 (NIV)
 
God has been dealing with me lately about examining the heart and I would like to share some things with you.

We all get busy and overwhelmed with the cares of this life, we go days and even weeks without taking time to examine ourselves and see where are hearts are. We often times spend so much time focused on the people around us that we forget to take a careful and contemplative look at ourselves.


The purpose of this post is to encourage you to take a look at your heart. The heart is that part of us that no one can see but God, it is that part of us that is so easy to hide. Lately, God has impressed upon me the need to take some time to ask him to search my heart and to make sure that my heart is in good condition (motives, desires, and sins).

God cares about our hearts and he wants our hearts to be pure.  Everything in our lives flow out of our hearts, every word we speak comes from our hearts. (”You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks”. Matthew 12:34). It is important that we examine our hearts.

 None of us are perfect and we all are here because of the grace and mercy of God. God is full of unconditional love for his children and it is safe for us to allow Him to face our “ugly spots”. He wants us to acknowledge and confess even small areas of sin in our lives. He wants us to allow Him to cleanse and refine our hearts. When we allow him to do this we can experience freedom in every area of our lives.
Remember to guard the most precious thing about you-your HEART.

“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
I love you and God loves you,
Kendra G.

No comments:

Post a Comment