About Me

Hi, My name is Kendra and I am just an ordinary young woman whose life has been completly changed by an extraordinary God. I just started this blog to share some of the things God has given me. I will try to update as much as my schedule allows. My prayer is that through this blog you will allow Jesus Christ to inspire you,encourage you and transform your life. Sealed with Love, Kendra

Monday, February 7, 2011

Are you the "ONE"?

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance"—Luke 15:4-7.

*First I would like to apologize because I know it has been a while since I have posted a blog. School has started again and life has been kind of busy. I thank each and every one of you who read my blog, I love you all*              


The inspiration for this post comes from a message that I was blessed to hear on Sunday. My pastor took our church on a journey about the heart of God and the awesome love that He has for us. Listening to him explain the love of God brought tears to my eyes, I mean I always knew that God loved me, but, I never really understood the depth of his unconditional love. It has always been so easy for me to understand the wrath and judgment of God (which is very real), but I have never really grasped the love that God has for me and how it is his love that motivates everything that He does. I have begun a study on the love of God and I will be sharing these things with you.

I think that in order for us to live a successful Christian life it is important for us to understand the awesome love that God has for. The scripture above demonstrates this love, in this parable about the lost sheep God shows us  how when just “one” of us is lost He goes out and searches for us. It doesn’t matter where we are or how deep the mess is that we are in, God goes out and looks to bring us back home to Him. When He finds us he rejoices that he has found the “one”. In my life I know I have been that “one” that God searched for and brought back to Him, he cleaned me up, forgave me, washed me and rejoiced because He found me.  Just the thought of this fills me with excitement and sincere gratitude towards God.

Maybe today you are that “one” which is lost, maybe you have strayed away from God or feel that no one loves you. I want to tell you today that God loves you and that you are the apple of his eye. Right now as you read this, God is speaking to YOU, He is searching for YOU, he wants YOU to come back home. He is ready to rejoice on behalf of the “one” coming back to him! I encourage you today to listen to the voice of a God who loves you more than words can explain. Can you hear Him calling? “Where are you?” Why have you abandoned your first love? 

*Take a moment today and reflect on the love of God*I love you and God loves you,
Kendra G.


No comments:

Post a Comment