About Me

Hi, My name is Kendra and I am just an ordinary young woman whose life has been completly changed by an extraordinary God. I just started this blog to share some of the things God has given me. I will try to update as much as my schedule allows. My prayer is that through this blog you will allow Jesus Christ to inspire you,encourage you and transform your life. Sealed with Love, Kendra

Thursday, April 7, 2011

What limits our relationship to Christ?

"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" John 17:3

The past few days I have pondered on the importance of having an intimate relationship with Christ, having a relationship with Christ can change your life completely. It brings true fulfillment and contentment in the midst of all the worries and cares of this life. I also began to wonder why it is sometimes so hard to have this relationship, why does it often seem impossible to really be intimate with our Heavenly Father. Then as I was listening to a program God spoke to my heart, there are barriers in this world that limit our relationship with Christ. I will discuss those barriers below.

Barriers to Intimacy with Christ:

1. The World System
"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. " 1 John 2:15-17

This world's system is designed to pull us away from God in every way. The pull of the world is so strong and if we are not careful we will be completely drawn away from our God. There are 3 things that this world offers that can lead us to destruction:
1.) Lust of the eyes
2.) Lust of the flesh
3) Pride of life

The World's Deception
The deception of this world is what pulls us in, the world makes sin look good, feel good and taste good. Everything in this world is pleasing to our flesh, it deceives us into thinking that it is where true fulfillment can be found when fulfillment can only come  through a relationship with Christ.

*The worries of this world
*The deceitfulness of riches
*The desire for other things

The purpose of this post is to remind you that it is easy for you and I to drift, we have to remember that we have an enemy and he wants to destroy our relationship with Christ. This walk is not always easy and we all fall short and get weary, but whatever you do, do not forget their is a God who longs and desires to have an intimate relationship with you, He loves you unconditionally.

I love you and God loves you,
Kendra G.

No comments:

Post a Comment